Sunday, October 31, 2010

Conference & Halloween Celebrations

It's been a very busy weekend, but, then again, I would suppose you already know that :-)  We met Friday afternoon with the children's teacher and it went good.  They are both 2 of the most verbal children in the class - I figured that :-)  We discussed Bonner's frustration and ways to redirect her when she gets "emotional" as she calls it!  Ha!  The school actually has an Occupational Therapist on staff who will come in and observe your child and give the teacher and parents good feedback on how them to succeed!  We signed both children up, but I think Bonner will be moved to the top of the stack - ha!

We went to a Trick-or-Treat party at Grandbuddy's office Friday afternoon.  Ian enjoyed the whole thing and was up and down the rows of cubes, digging into the candy.  Bonner was not so cooperative.  She pretty much kept her face buried in my chest the whole time.  She finally came around near the end of the adventure to enjoy some of the festivities :-)

Saturday brought some friends over for a "game-watching" play date as the Dawgs endured a disappointing loss to the Gators!  Fortunately, we had friends here to help us pick our heads up ... of course, they are Alabama fans so their heads are pretty high all the time :-) Ha!

This evening, a neighbor hosted a great Halloween party.  Ian, once again, was out and about working the crowd; Bonner preferred to sit as far away as possible.  She's not big into the dressing up thing - unless, of course, it's her dressing up with her 5 layers of tutus and 3 princess shirts.  I'll have to snap some photos the next time she plays "dress-up".  For Halloween, though, she enjoyed wearing her Abby costume, but wanted to "stay inside" ... Ian and I sat outside with Grandbuddy handing out candy!  It was a beautiful night!  The children probably ate more candy in 2 hours tonight than they have in the past 2 years!  Ha!

Here are some pictures of Elmo and Abby!

This was the only house that she would actually "trick-or-treat" ... And, of course, it's great when your children just walk right into the neighbors' house :-)  Thanks, Rhonda, Johnny, and Leeanne, for making their first Trick-or-Treat spot special!

Elmo just loves this little doggie next door, Sophie.  She had on her pumpkin collar and Elmo couldn't get enough of her :-)

Well, this week should be calm.  I have another tennis match in the morning - here's hoping I can improve my doubles record this fall to 4-0 :-)  We'll see!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment