Monday, October 18, 2010

Dentist, Elmo & Abby, and UGA Football Game

Last week was crazy busy - not just because we run around chasing very active 2 year olds (loving every minute of it, right?) but especially because our helper, Amber, was on vacation enjoying the sun and sand of the Florida coast!  We missed her, but tried to make the most of being a full-time mom!  Ha!

The children had school Monday and Wednesday of last week, as usual.  And, Tuesday, we enjoyed gymnastics!  The fun really started on Thursday with our 2nd dentist appointment.  It had been a year since they had been and they didn't remember the first detail which was good and bad.  Ian did just fine; Bonner was a little antsy but with her mouth wide open crying, they were able to see her choppers!  The great thing is that they are champions now at night brushing their teeth!  It helps that the dentist gave them Dora and Diego toothbrushes :-)

Thursday was very busy because that night my mom, Gigi, and I took them to see Elmo and Abby Cadabby at Sesame Street Live.  It was so funny because Bonner was caught up in it right from the beginning, but Ian said, "All Done!" before they even took the stage!  After intermission, though, he was finally into it!  It was a cute story line and they had a terrific time!

For those of you not familiar with the Sesame Street of 2010, Abby Cadabby is a 3-year-old fairy who made her debut about 18 months ago on the show.  Bonner took an immediate liking to her and has an Abby doll that she adores.  In fact, everytime I've asked her what she wants to be for Halloween, she only has one response, "Abby Dabby"!  When she was little, Bonner called her "Abb-edee" - a combination of Abby and Cadabby which was so cute!  Anyway, here's Abby!


And, of course, if Bonner is going to be Abby, it only makes sense for Ian to be his favorite, Elmo!

I was supposed to take the children to get their pictures taken for the first time since July Friday morning ... but they were spent after a big night out at the show.  Instead they told me over and over again, "Stay home, mommy!"  So I figured I would take one for the team and forego the picture ordeal.  I really wanted them to have their Halloween costumes, too, and I'm still waiting for Bonner's to arrive.  So we'll try later this week!

However, we did pack the car up on Friday and head to Athens for Homecoming weekend at UGA.  We hung out with great friends on Friday night and had a good time tailgating Saturday morning.  And, of course, what's a fall weekend in Athens without football so you guessed it, we took Ian and Bonner to their first football game "'tween the hedges!"  They had a blast!!

He couldn't believe it - right from the beginning, he was just taking it all in!

And he loved it when we scored - except he thought everytime they ran on the field, we had scored! Ha!

But once we did score, he was very happy :-)

 Bonner didn't have near the enthusiasm, but she was a good sport!  Fortunately, they had boiled peanuts to eat and she's a peanut-eatin' fool :-)

 And, of course, our friends, "Teddy" and "Georgie" had to come to the game, too!


All and all, it was a great trip.  They made it through half-time - Ian loves to pretend he is in a marching band so that was right up his alley.  For Bonner, she thought the majorettes were exciting - especially since one girl threw up 4 batons with fire on the ends.  We left in the middle of the 3rd quarter - only because we were exhausted, I really think the kids would have stayed until the end!

This week is back to normal with school today - well, that was until I was dropping the kids off and the fire alarm went off.  I hustled out of there as I heard "too loud" from Ian.  The teacher emailed, though, and it was just a drill and all the children did wonderfully - yeh, right!

I have also joined a tennis team so I played in my 2nd match of the season this morning - we won, but I probably won't be able to reach up to wash my hair tomorrow ... much less be able to walk!  Ha!  Hope everyone has a great week!  Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment