As you can see, their Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears came in the mail and they love them :-) Thank goodness; that means we might get a few pictures "family and all" with hats on Saturday night!
Bonner kept saying, "Minnie! Minnie! Minnie!"
But it didn't take her long to figure out how to put it on!
I think I should send this one into Disney - just too cute!
He finally figured out how to get it on "straight"!
We went to gymnastics Tuesday night and the kids had a blast, as usual. And I can definitely say that both Ian and Bonner have really come out of their "climbing" shells ... they try to climb on everything now and it's so funny. After gymnastics, Bonner figured out how to climb from her chair up to the big one and her brother wasn't too far behind :-) Aren't they precious nestled up there together?
Ian found a pair of sunglasses this week that he loves to wear ...
Look at that future Bulldog ready for St. Patty's Day in Athens :-)
I love this one; again, he's looking out that window at all that "Handy Manny's helpers" are doing!
Speaking of what "Handy Manny's helpers" are doing - they have torn up alot around here. In fact, there is a nice layer of sheet rock all over my house right now :-) And there is more to come tomorrow! However, we love how it is coming along. Here are some pictures of where we are right now!
I had no idea that a certain ethnicity brought their microwave to ensure a hot lunch! Needless to say, I'm sure I'll get a nice letter from the Homeowners Association because this microwave was perched right up on my front porch :-)
Here's the "wood pile" they are using to frame the screened porch - this will be the open-air deck.
This is where the fireplace was going to be in the screened porch, but we realized that we will lose all the view of the coi pond ... so we are going to move it to the opposite wall and include an outdoor "MacDaddy" grill built-in on the other side.
You might notice that the laundry room door and wall are missing in this picture - they came down today ... fortunately, the kids slept right through the sawing and hammering! They have also knocked out the wall between the half-bath and the storage room for the new pantry! I can't wait!
And don't think for a minute that the children have missed out on any fun with all the excitement going on around us. Bonner found a basket today that wasn't being used and pushed it into the new pantry area. Y'all know how she loves to "get in" things so she "got right in" and sat down in the basket.
Her brother wasn't too far behind her to find the new pantry area - dust, nails, and all!
And, of course, it didn't take him long to figure out that all the dust he was sitting in (look at those pants) wasn't near as much fun as the basket could provide!
Well, I am off to pick up the altered tuxedo tomorrow; let's hope it fits :-) The only things left are to pick up my dress and for me to go and pick out a hat! I hope to get that done on Friday morning ... just in time for the party Saturday night! And, of course, stay tuned as I'll update the blog with pictures of the two of them all dressed up and enjoying the evening as soon as I can!
















No comments:
Post a Comment