Monday, July 30, 2012

From the Mouths of my Babes

Ian-isms
  • We were over at a friend's house and they had a trampoline.  Ian got on it very cautiously and then turned to me and asked, "Is this stable?"  (Uh, did he just use the word "stable" correctly?"
  • Ian rolled down his window one day while we were saying our prayers.  When I asked him why, he said, "So God could hear us!"
  • While eating some potato chips one day, he looked up and said, "I'm a chip-eatin' machine!"
  • I made Ian a hotdog that looked like an octopus.  He immediately bit off the legs and then said, "Look, mom, now it's a jellyfish!"
  • "Mom, I was talking to Buzz Likeyear and he can't come to my castle because he has a galaxy to save!"
  • At Target one day, Ian told me, "I want these 2 dinosaurs for my birthday."  He looked up and said, "God, can you please give these to Santa?"
  • Me: "What are y'all doing?"  Ian: "Just being quiet like a church mouse!"
  • We were driving somewhere one day and we actually saw some bamboo-like foliage outside the window.  Ian asked me, "Mommy, is that bamboo?"  I replied, somewhat shocked, "Yes, how do you know about bamboo?"  Ian said, "I was watching Diego at my castle and it was about pandas.  That's how I learned it."  (Of course)
  • I was wiping Ian's bottom with a wipe one day and he said, "Ooh, mommy, can you hot it up?"
  • Me: "Ian, can you please go see what Bonner is doing?"  He checked on her, came back, and said, "She's smoking!"  Me: "Smoking what?"  Ian: "Smoking some chalk!" (I assume that she was using her erasers to make quite a smoking mess)
  • "Dog starts with D but Baxter does not"
  • Ian asked me one day, "Mommy, what's inside your body?"  I replied, "Lots of things like your heart, your tummy."  He quickly interrupted and said, "Your eyeballs, your wrists, Gods is in your heart, your tongue!"  Then Bonner said, "Ooh, mommy, I know what's in your body - your imagination and an idea!" (I was speechless by then!)
  • I was trying to get Ian dressed one day and it was a shirt that had his name on it.  He said, "But, mommy everybody already knows my name!"  Bonner said, "Not the Chinese people!"  (Hmmm, no idea)
  • Me: "Where did you learn that story?"  Ian: "I learned it at Bible School!" (aka church)
  • While at the beach, we were at the end of the busiest boardwalk on the beach and Ian said, "Mommy, I need to tee-tee." Before he finished actually saying that, he said, "Oh, that's right, mommy, you told me I could just tee-tee in the sand." He walked exactly 3 feet and tee-teed right in front of several precious teenage girls who could not help but just laugh.
  • We heard some sirens one day, and Ian said, "Maybe they are coming to get my toy of the tree!" (Again, no idea)
  • When picking him up from Stewart one day, he stared at me and just took it all in.  He then said, "Mommy, I love your necklace; it's very pretty!  I love your shirt.  I love your earrings!"
  • We babysat our cousin one day and Ian was sneezing.  Me: "I wonder what's making you sneeze, Ian."  Ian: "Maybe I am allergic to baby Waverly."
  • Me: "I think I'm ready to get a pet puppy."  Ian: "Mom, we don't need any more pets; we already have pets."  Me: "Oh, we do, Ian?  What pets do we have?"  Ian: "We have fish, frogs, and moths!"
  • Bonner: "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" to which Ian replied, "An apple juice a day keeps the nurse away!" 

Bonner-Lingo
  • After drinking some lemonade one day, she sighed and said, "Now, I am refreshed!"
  • "Jessie, let's lay out on the beach and relax!"
  • Bonner: "Ian, can I babysit your little pony?"  Ian: "She doesn't need babysitting."  Bonner: "Okay, well, then I'll just pony-sit."
  • "You are beautiful, mommy.  You are not old!"
  • "After I put these shoes away, I'll put 'these ones!'"  (exactly what I say - these ones)
  • "Mommy, what does step mommy mean?"  (that one stopped me in my tracks)
  • "Mom, I'm going to ride my tricycle and give you some quiet time!"
  • "Ian, we don't have our shoes on so our feet are necked!"
  • "Mom, I'll make a swell princess!"
  • Me (in front of Aunt Taylor): "Bonner, let's calm it down a notch!"  She continued being loud and said, "Aunt Tay-Tay, I can't calm it down a notch because we are playing!"
  • Me: "Bonner, what do you think you want for your birthday?" Bonner: "Barbies, mommy!"  Me: "Oh, I thought you already had some Barbies; your princess barbies."  Bonner: "No, mommy, I want some big girl Barbies." Me: "Okay, well, we will have to see what they have."  Ian interrupted the conversation and said, "Well, they only have boy toys at Toys R Us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment