Sunday, August 15, 2010

Canned Food & Getting Ready for School

Well, the canned food drive at the children's birthday party was a great success and the food pantry that we delivered the food to was overwhelmed by the generosity!  They could not believe that all the food was because of a 2-year old birthday party!  All the bags were filled to the rim and Stewart's car was loaded up pretty good!  Thanks so everyone that contributed!  It really meant alot to do something for someone else in honor of Ian & Bonner!


We had a very busy week last week, but for the life of me, all I can remember is Stewart's birthday!  The kids really enjoyed singing him Happy Birthday and Ian helped him blow out his candle.  I, of course, forgot the camera so no pictures to prove it, but just trust me :-)

We did go to "Meet the Teacher" last week at Ian & Bonner's new school, Southside Christian School.  It is just up the road and we are super-excited about it!  It's a big classroom with lots of room and they have little tables/chairs with their assigned spot.  Bonner's shape is a trapezoid; Ian, a crescent (like the moon).  I actually put them to bed early tonight to try and get them on a school schedule - they are both in there just a talking!  Who knows?  Hopefully, they will still be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning!  I'll be sure to snap some pictures of them off to school on their first day of K-2 - oh, yes, they do call it Kindergarten for 2 year olds.  Crazy!!

Here are a couple of recent pictures that I just thought were too cute to not post :-)



Happy 1st day of school to everyone!  More school posts to come this week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment