Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day, Gymnastics, Oh My!

We had a GREAT long weekend.  Our festivities started Friday night with a little gathering of our neighbors at the pool - our gathering was abruptly interrupted with thunder and lightening and a huge deluge of water, but we retreated to a neighbor's house and finished our enjoyment :-)  Bonner came home from the neighbor's house with a "pretty princess skirt" (see pictures of her wearing it on Monday below)!

Saturday, we headed to the lake to see my parent's and "Uncle Justin and Aunt Tay-Tay".  We spent the night and took the kids out for a boat-ride on Sunday afternoon.  It was crowded on the water, but the kids loved "the boat".  I didn't take my camera out there and forgot to snap any pics from my phone - I know you are sad!

We finished off Sunday with a party at some friend's house.  They just recently redid their landscaping and backyard and it was beautiful to see ...

Monday, we had big plans to go to the pool, but we woke up to more rain.  By this point, I was saying, "Rain, rain, go away!" But, instead, we headed out to brunch and got soaked!  The kids looked precious in their matching "firecracker" outfits ... but then Bonner found the "pretty princess skirt" and that was all she wrote!
Bonner with her favorite friend, George!
You gotta love these outfits! I was trying to get them to stand close enough so I could see how much taller Ian is than Bonner, but they were too busy laughing to cooperate!
"Handy Ian" was busy wood-working when his fairy godmother, Bonner, arrived to give him a hug!

When we went out to dinner that night, Bonner insisted on wearing her "pretty princess skirt" and her light-up pink tennis shoes ... just a battle not worth fighting, but trust me, people weren't staring at us just because we have twins :-)
 
Tonight was our unofficial last night of gymnastics (we still have a make-up class Thursday afternoon if we can make it) so the kids showed off all of the tricks they have learned during this past semester and then got medals.  For some reason, Bonner was not happy to be there tonight so it made for an interesting class.  Here are some pictures, though; and I must say that they have come so far in just a few short weeks.  We will start the summer semester next week - no rest for the weary-old moms :-)
Bonner "kicking" while she walks on the balance beam with her teacher, Miss Ashley

Ian, the monkey, swinging - and yes, those are his chunky little feet up on the bar, too!  This is so impressive to me - when we first started, he wouldn't go near the bars - much less touch his toes! Ha!

And, of course, where there is a ball, there is our Ian :-)

Not sure what was wrong with the coloring on my camera, but I just couldn't pass up posting this picture - he has his medal on, but seems so sad.  It's as if he is saying, "Oh me, oh my, how I will miss this place!"

And, I don't know about y'all, but I am so excited to taste the Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich this week (my tasting is for Thursday lunch) ... well, we always go to CFA before gymnastics and, tonight, the kids even got into the "hot and spicy".  They are going to have a firetruck and bounce house and fun for the kids next Monday night when the sandwich debuts - tonight, they were just getting Ian and Bonner in the mood for "hot and spicy", too, with these cute firemen hats!

Lastly, we have a "new girl in town" - Amber ... we hired her to be a Mother's Helper so she will help me try to get things organized, but she will also spend time taking care of the children!  They will start back to "school" next week - and, no it's not remedial Mother's Morning Out Summer School :-) - but Amber will be around to watch them in the afternoons and to help me on Mondays and Fridays since the summer seems to already be getting crazy!  We hope that Amber will quickly become a part of the family!  Ian and Bonner seemed to enjoy her company today; and I bet she slept good tonight!

Busy weekend with a trip to Athens coming up ... can't wait to be heading back to Football 101 at UGA on Saturday!

1 comment:

Mike & Malynda said...

Jennifer I always enjoy your blog post. I can hear your laugh in your writtings..which makes me laugh! Hope you enjoy the new sandwich. I know someone who said they tired it today and loved it. Sounds like your off to a great summer!
Malynda

Post a Comment