Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Little Artist

Well, I have had one of those days ... who am I kidding?  I have had one of those weeks, months, and year.  I am often overwhelmed by my current situation and today was one of those days.  I have a ton going on, my house is a disaster, I do not want to neglect my children at any point in the game - it was a long day to say the least (in fact, it's 3:15 a.m. and I am still going strong - barely)!  But it was a good day ... when I think about how exhausting it was, I am reminded by so many of the funny and witty things somebody said today and I get a huge smile across my face.  And when I checked on Bonner who was diligently drawing with a red marker tonight, the smile got even bigger ... I have no idea what a 3-year old should be drawing, but I do believe that she just might have some talent!


(It is now 4:00 a.m. and both of my children are awake - good thing I never sleep)!

And, of course, I cannot leave you without some of those funny and witty comments :-)  Have a great Hump Day!

Bonner Lingo
- Bonner was folding her blanket up the other day and I told her that was how you folded sheets and towels when you get them out of the dryer.  She looked up and quickly said, "I am learning how to be a mommy!"  Ian turned around and responded with "I growed up like a daddy?  Can I learn how to be a daddy?"
- "Isn't it a wonderful day, Fairy Godmother?"
- "I had a baby one time in my tummy at my castle!" (oh my)
- She was licking her hand and I asked her to stop to which she replied, "I was pretending to be a cat!"
- "You like being silly, Ian; and I like being beautiful!"

Ian-isms
- The wind kept blowing over his cup outside that had his little Woody doll in it.  The first time it happened, he looked at me and said, "I told the wind kindly "no blowing"!"  The second time it happened, he was a little frustrated and said, "Not again!"
- "Mommy, do you think there will be any football on tonight?" (a little guy after my own heart)

No comments:

Post a Comment