Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ian's Annual Cardiology Appointment

As I sit here the day before Ian's cardiology appointment, I am very reflective.  I just cannot shake the concern that I have for this appointment and I have no idea why.  I truly believe that God is in total control and what will be, will be ... and from the looks of Ian, there is no reason for any fear!  Maybe it's just the emotions of everything else going on in my life right now, but it's just a funny feeling that I cannot shake.

Ian's appointment is at 9 a.m. Thursday morning.  I will certainly post an update as I am sure he will have an EKG and an echo.  We had a fun day today and to watch him play at the indoor playground here in town, I was very aware as to how far we have come!

All these other children were sitting at this little picnic table and Ian just joined them for what appears to be an arm-wrestling match with one little boy!
 Climb, climb, climb!
 "I am Tarzan, hear me roar!"

I am so thankful for all God has granted me in this little guy.  He is a true miracle and although to most of you, the story is long passed, it's our reality and the concern for his heart is always in the back of my mind.  I certainly do not dwell on the future as I am very aware that God has blessed me with a miracle; carried me through the scariest time of my life; and granted me the chance to help this little guy reach all of his potential!  He continues to walk side-by-side us in this journey and I am so thankful!

Hopefully, tomorrow at this time, I will be feeling much relief!  Until then, please lift us up in prayer for good heart function and a great doctor's appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment