Hey everyone,
I type this update from about 35,000 feet above our great nation!! Me, oh my! I wish you could share in the beauty God has created today as I travel above the clouds on this bright, sunshiny day!!
I wanted to take this time and wish each of you a fantastic 4th of July!! Although I wish I could pull off a British accent, I am certainly glad that our great nation's forefathers sacrificed so tremendously to ensure our freedoms over 2000 years later! Of course, God has played a huge part in our independence, our successes, and, yes, even our tragedies! But on this day we should celebrate the sacrifices and the tremendous freedoms! I tell my children quite frequently that they are so blessed much more than other children because 1) they are told "I love you" at least 10 times a day, and 2) God has given them the chance to grow up in the absolute greatest nation in this world!!
You might be asking - "Why is she typing this from high above our great vast nation?" Well, Ian & Bonner left this morning to go to Wild Dunes with Stewart and I got on a plane this afternoon heading for San Francisco for a much deserved vacation!!! I am probably as super-excited as Ben Franklin was when he signed our Declaration of Independence - and I am not exaggerating one bit :-) I cannot wait to explore the home of Rice-a-Roni :-)
With no pictures of the children for you to enjoy, I will just leave you with the following most recent sayings from Ian & Bonner!
Ian-isms:
- "Mommy, that man has a baby in his tummy!"
- "Mommy, your computer is so wonderful!"
Bonner-lingo:
- Bonner to Ian "Prince Charming, are you my daddy?" To which Ian replied, "No, I am a troll!"
- we went to Georgia aquarium last week, I asked Bonner what she might want for a snack andshe immediately replied "Goldfish!" The irony was not lost on me!
- "Mommy, you can't bite people, but you can bite waffles!"
- "Ian is my soldier, mommy, and we are getting married!"
- "When Ian flushes my tee-tee, mommy, it makes my heart feel good!"
- This week, the children were at "camp" at school and it was all about celebrating America, learning about soldiers (see the above comment she made), and starting to learn patriotic sayings and songs! Bonner had an idea but confused the Pledge of Allegiance with her favorite grocery store... "... and to the RePUBLIX for which it stands..."
I must brag on my children for 1 minute - to prove to everyone reading - that even 3 year olds get it! I have tried to pray for people in ambulances every time we pass one with it's sirens on. Well, yesterday, we passed one and it slipped my mind to pray but just as it passed, Bonner said, "Let's pray for the ambulance, mommy!" I know I am not the World's Best Mom, but at times like those, I also realize everything I try to impart to them about others being important (I.e. Despite popular belief, the world does not resolve around you!) actually sinks in!!
I'll update this week from the sunny hills of CA! Happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment