Bonner: Can we please watch Little Mermaid when we get home?
Mommy: Bonner, I am not sure we have Little Mermaid at home for us to watch.
Bonner: We do have Little Mermaid, mommy.
Ian: Do you have Big Mermaid, Bonner?
Bonner: Let's sing me Happy Birthday!
Mommy: What kind of birthday cake do you want to have, Bonner?
Bonner: Cinderella and Ian would like a Prince Charming cake.
Mommy: Did you ask him if that's what he wanted?
Bonner: Ian, do you want a Prince Charming cake?
Ian: No, I want a Snow White cake!
No time goes by where they don't make me laugh :-) We have had a great few days! Gigi babysat on Thursday night while Stewart and I joined our neighbors for her birthday at the Sugarland concert. At the Heart Ball, Gigi was sweet enough to get Bonner this new tutu (it came with a matching one for her baby doll, too) and Gigi brought it to her Thursday ... She has pretty much worn her new tutu every minute since!
I found her laying in the floor with her tutu on ... when I asked her what she was doing, she told me, "Making snow angels, mommy!"
Our helper, Ms. Amber has been a big help since my surgery ... she is great to give the kids a bath each day after school and the other day she snapped some photos of the kid's "crazy hair"!
Today was a fun day as we went to the SC Children's Theatre's Character Breakfast ... I definitely was not sure what to expect but the kids had a blast! I really wanted to see how they would react being around characters - whether they would be ready for Disney or not. The great thing is that they basically brought Disney to us today :-) Bonner ate up every second with every princess. Winnie the Pooh and his gang, the Wizard of Oz characters, Annie, Stuart Little, and all the princesses were there! Ian wouldn't get too close to them; I guess he'll want to do the rides at Disney :-)
We started off a little slow ... but the breakfast they served was super yummy!
But once the princesses started prancing down the aisle, Bonner perked right up!
Ian even got into the action a little bit!
Bonner with Jasmine ... when she got in her crib tonight, she said, "Jasmine did not bring Aladdin today, mommy!" And, she was correct!
Bonner & Ariel, the Little Mermaid
Bonner with little orphan Annie!
Bonner with Aurora, Sleeping Beauty
Bonner with Snow White
Bonner with Rapunzel
Bonner with Tiana of "The Princess & the Frog"
Bonner with Belle of Beauty & the Beast
Bonner with Mulan
And it would not have been complete without Cinderella & Prince Charming! Ian blew Cinderella a kiss and gave Prince Charming a high five ... but did not want to get in the picture :-)
We also enjoyed an absolutely beautiful day outside ... here are a couple of pictures I just had to post!
Ian thinks it is so fun to look inside at Baxter sleeping!
Bonner put all of the chalk and her Abby in this milk crate :-) and then she took it to the front porch!
When Ian saw her coming up the steps with it, I kid you not ... he looked at her and said, "Let me help you, Bonner!" What a sweetie :-)
And after such a busy day, some girls just need to take their shoes off and enjoy the softness of the grass! As much of a princess as she is, she loves to have her shoes off and to play in the dirt!
But even with all the fun today, the thing that made my heart melt the most was in the car this morning. I have been saying the Lord's Prayer with the children before they go to bed for about 2 weeks (prior to that it was "Now I lay me down to sleep..." but they started asking me for a new prayer). Gigi mentioned the new prayer to them on our way to the Character Breakfast and I told her that I thought Bonner might know it (I noticed her mouthing it the other night but wasn't sure exactly how much she knew). Well, she started at "Our Father" and made it all the way to "Forgive us our trespasses..." by herself. After a couple of words here and there, she finished the whole thing! Now, I understand that it is simple memorization, but I think it's critical that the more we can talk about God and bring Him into our day-to-day lives, the better. Tonight when she went to bed, she got just as far and, again, I was very proud! Ian is working on it, too. He gave it a good effort tonight as well - super excited for them both!




















No comments:
Post a Comment