A friend from high school who lives in Charleston recommended that we go to the Festival of Lights on James Island and it was well worth the drive over. There was a train we could ride which took us up close and personal with lots of the light displays - as you can tell Ian enjoyed it; Bonner wasn't too sure about it!
The train went around the lake in the park and it was pretty to see the lights reflecting off of the lake!
They had a great gift shop so we picked up a few things for Christmas gifts and enjoyed warming up inside there as it was really breezy that night.
On Thursday night, we went to the lighting of the Isle of Palms Christmas tree which was fun. The kids thought the actually lighting of the tree was pretty anti-climatic but they loved the man that made animals with balloons! Of course, they quickly realized that grass can make balloons pop!
At the condo in Wild Dunes, Bonner discovered that she likes "doing the dishes" - or rather "loading the dishwasher"!
We came home on Friday so that I could take the children to the St. Francis Teddy Bear Luncheon on Saturday morning. As this was our first year, I wasn't sure what to expect; but, it turned out to be alot of fun. They had a light lunch for parents and kids and then the drama club from a local high school took the stage with a story of "Finding Santa". It was cute and very interactive. Bonner wasn't sure what to think of the dancing elves or the Grinch, but she eventually came around ... until Santa came to town, that is. Neither child has really warmed up yet to the man in the red suit!
I can't imagine why the children would be scared of this Rudolph - ha!
Full cast of the play! Lots of young performers!
Ian wasn't too sure about the Tiger in the play standing so close to his mommy!
Stewart's mom came up for a visit this week and that worked out great as my mom had to go into the hospital for just a little surgery. She's doing fine and should be home in the next day or so. We have a few Christmas parties planned for the weekend and are trying to get into the holiday spirit. I haven't decorated too much these days as I learned my lesson with Ian and Bonner's Christmas trees. They love taking the ornaments on and off and I just love picking them up all over the floor each and every day - needless to say, I have avoided adding anything else to cleanup duty so our decorations remain in the storage room. And, yes, that is "his" and "hers" Christmas trees - "his" being the traditional green one and "hers" being a pink shiny one!
Tonight's Ornament Pile
The other reason is because we are in the middle of remodeling 2 of our bathrooms - the guest bathroom in the hallway and our master bath. We have been a little inconvenienced for the past couple of days but the tile is coming along so we are getting there. I'll post some pictures once it's all finished - I meant to take some before pictures and forgot ...
Well, I think that's about it for now ... if you are even still reading this :-) As we all get ready for Christmas, I pray that you will take time each day to really remember the reason for the season - in that Jesus Christ was born so that we each could live! I remember the sheer fear, but overwhelming calm that we felt this time last year as we watched Ian and prepared for our first Christmas with the children. We have been through alot in the past 365 days, but I can promise you that we have watched the Lord carry us! We could not be more thankful for the journey He laid upon us; it gave us the opportunity to be humbled and rely fully on God. We pray that you will be blessed this Christmas season and that you will truly remember why we celebrate the birth of such a special child!















No comments:
Post a Comment