Saturday, we were up early for the game and headed over to the Tailgate Station where we have a parking spot. It's a great place for children (and adults) because it's fenced around, indoor bathrooms, TVs, and usually a band is there to keep our feet moving. These pictures say a thousand words - if there was a powder-puff UGA team, Bonner would be trying out for captain-ess ... Ian has his backpack on with his Toy Story friends in it and is more interested in talking to himself than catching the football! Ha!
Somebody was talking the other day about a 3-ingredient recipe for Pumpkin muffins... well, Bonner overheard it and was bound-and-determined for us to try it. And, I mean, it's hard to say "No" when there are only 3 ingredients. So I made a batch and the children loved them - have been requesting them every day since. You mix 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin, and some Pumpkin Spice together. Fill your muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes. The pumpkin moistens the cake mix and I am clearly considering these a helping of fruit at this point (or are pumpkins actually vegetables since they have seeds)? Either way, it's not much better than good old-fashioned cupcakes, but it's a little bit healthier! I'm pretty sure that I have figured out why the children love them so much ... and I don't think it has anything to do with the end result!








No comments:
Post a Comment