I know I'm partial but I just think she is such a cutey. Ian actually said, "Mommy, she is cuter than presents" during our babysitting fun :-) So sweet!
Monday, my kiddos were at Stewart's so I got some errands done ... mostly focused on the redecorating I am doing around the house. Tuesday, we went to Pump It Up to play in the morning, McDonald's playground for lunch, and then Ian spent the afternoon at a friend's house while Bonner and I spent some "girl time" together.Wednesday morning, the children had their 4-year old check-up, shots and all. They did great ...
getting their vision checked (Ian was 20/30)
Bonner was 20/40 (not sure what happened to her hair)
getting their blood pressure checked
Dr. Jones then came in to check their hearts, their throats, their ears, and their spines!
Ian weighs 37.2 lbs (62 %tile) and is 39.25 (27 %tile) inches tall. Bonner weighs 34.4 lbs (46 %tile) and is 38.75 (30 %tile) inches tall. They got 2 shots at the end; Ian didn't even flinch and Bonner held her own with "just a few tears".Just after lunch on Wednesday, my Aunt Joyce came into town which was so special - she hadn't met Waverly yet so Taylor brought her over for a visit. Here's Aunt Joyce with the children :-)
Thursday morning, I woke up and noticed that the Greenville Water people were parked outside to read the meter, I assumed. But when I went to go get ready for a funeral, I had no water - argh! After calling the water company, I was informed that I hadn't paid a bill in 3 months ... well, that's odd because I was 99% sure that I had signed up for automatic bill pay-up when I switched the account to my name. Either way, they had turned the water off without a courtesy call or anything. I kept my calm on the phone but explained to the young man that I was extremely disappointed that as a customer of at least 12 years and someone that has probably missed a payment 3 times in those 12 years, they didn't have the decency to call me. He waived the $40 cut-off fee but it was several hours before the water came back on.
The funeral was for a dear friend's grandmother who passed away over the weekend. It was such a sweet service; this woman has done it all ... if she set her mind to it, it was as good as accomplished. The interesting thing they did was open up the floor to those in attendance to talk about the lady which I just thought was a great idea. I, of course, said a few words; but then wondered to myself if I would be so bold as to have that happen at my funeral. All comes back to the legacy you are leaving; I know that I have stepped on alot of toes in my 38 years of life, but I finally feel like God has tamed my tongue and my heart to show greater empathy and sensitivity to those around me. Maybe I could just open it up to those I have met since I turned 35 - ha!!
After the funeral, I ran home and got Ian so I could take him to his cardiology appointment. He did great! EKG was stable; sats looked good; he was well-behaved; and, the best news of all, "All clear for another year!"
I must say that I was really nervous in the waiting room; he, on the other hand, was not! Just taking it all in!
Another height, weight, and blood pressure check!
All smiles getting his EKG!
Watching Dora while getting his echo!
Enjoying a lollipop for being so good. We built that lego tower behind him - he insisted on it having a flag so I improvised with stuff from my bag - a plastic lid, a straw, and a paper towel!
Thursday evening we went to watch our little buddy, Hunt, play t-ball. I am hoping that Ian will want to do it next year now that he has seen it and understands it a little better. After a busy day, I was exhausted so off to bed we all went. At 4:30 a.m. I heard some giggling going on; I got up to find the children playing in their room very quietly. They never went back to sleep - we had some neighbors come over for a little playdate while their mommy ran out - I was proud of mine for rallying and not passing out. Stewart came to pick them up around 1 p.m. and I am pretty sure Bonner was asleep before they got out of the driveway and, not too far afterwards.
The sleeping issue is a big one around here. Without fail, someone wakes up during the night and they are now into waking the other one up to play. To separate them, I would have to put one of them in the basement which would be much worse for everyone with potty, etc. So I really don't have too many options - 1) I could move, but I have zero desire to do that because I absolutely have the best neighbors in the world or 2) I could put a bed in the new "craft room" which is how I am leaning. I am converting our current dark, formal library to a craft/playroom for us to actually use so I think I am going to take the couch out of there and put a daybed of some sort in their. The painters come this week so I am sssooo excited for some fresh colors in this house! I'll take some before and after shots so you can witness the transformation.
Thanks to everyone for their texts, calls, and emails this week during the doctor appointments. I'll be honest, I do not think I could handle a surgery for Ian right now so I am sssooo thankful God has seen fit to protect his little heart for at least another year!














No comments:
Post a Comment