Monday, October 3, 2011

Words from the Mouths of Babes

Bonner-Lingo
  • On our way to school each morning, we say our prayers and thank God for our blessings and remind ourselves how we should act at school.  After I finish saying the prayers, I ask each child what they are thankful for that morning.  Well Bonner truly melted my heart one day when she said, "I'm thankful God gave you to me, mommy!"  Oh my goodness ... I could have cried!  Of course, Ian is not so "sappy" - he said, "I am thankful for my Buzz Like-Year!"
  • Not sure what the children were playing on this particular day, but I heard Bonner say, "Ian, do you want to have a luau in my bed?"
  • Bonner loves to play with play-doh and cut it with whatever object she can find to serve as a knife.  Recently, she looked up at me and said, "Look mommy, I cut it in HAP!"  (You know, 2 haps make a whole)
  • We were at the pool and there were some children playing with some of Bonner's toys.  She very quietly walked over to me and said, "Mommy, I'm nervous when they take my cups!"
  • Just after we moved to our big beds, Bonner looked at me and asked, "Mommy, can I have breakfast in bed?"  To which I replied, "Of course, your Fair Princess; what else can I get for you today?"
  • As Ian was bothering her one day, I overheard her talking to her Abby.  She said, "What are we going to do with this brother of mine?  He's taking all my stuff away!"
  • "It's sunny today because God made it a beautiful day!"
  • "Mom, can you please give me a piggy-BANK ride?"
  • "That's not yawning, mommy; that's queening!"  (I had no idea that queen could possible be a verb but it seems it can for a 3-year old)
  • "I'm in a good MOVE, mommy!" (mood, of course)
Ian-isms
  • Ian put all of his toys in a bin one day and said, "Bye, mom!  I'm going off to college!"  (No, please say it ain't so! Of course, Andy in Toy Story goes off to college so that's where he got it ... at least I hope!)
  • We were out walking through the park a couple of weeks ago and these 2 foreign ladies were walking towards us with their heads covered up (as they do in Saudi Arabia).  Ian said to me, "Look, mommy, it's Mary & Joseph!"
  • We were outside playing one day and we could hear a child crying.  Ian looked at me and said, "Mommy, someone sounds frustrated!"
  • "Bonner, that is a beautiful dress!"

No comments:

Post a Comment