Friday, June 17, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer

I hate that it's been so long since I last blogged ... I think that I am actually going to start a new blog called something like "Random Thoughts by Jennifer" so that I can blog everyday :-)  It seems that these posts about the children can be quite time consuming and I know what you all really care about is what I am doing, thinking, planning, etc.  Ha!  Yeh, right!  But I do actually feel led to blog so stay tuned!

Anyway, enough about me (we'll save that for later) and onto the exciting things we have been doing as "about to be 3 year-olds".  Week before last, we went to the local water park with our good friend, Mary Elizabeth (daughter) and her mommy, Mary Hunter ... it was packed with people but really alot of fun!  The place was crazy, but all 3 children had a blast!

 While Mary Hunter took off down the water slide, the kids and I watched for her ... several people asked me, "Are they triplets?"  So funny!  But they don't all look cute in their Puddle Jumper floaties?  They are the best floaties in the world!

 Ian enjoyed just laying in the water ...

 And this was pretty much how it was all day - two children passing each other in a fleeting moment as they both headed in 2 different directions!

 This is a huge deal for Bonner as she has never been a fan of the fountains ... I'm so proud of her; each day, she is coming a tiny bit out of her shell!  She went down the kiddie water slide at the water park and loved it!

And this was the aftermath - about 5 minutes after we were in the car!  Sorry for the blurriness and bright sunshine, but I thought it only fitting to show you that they thoroughly enjoyed themselves :-)

Since we have been out of school and spending so much time around the house, I have been so proud of how well Ian and Bonner are playing together for such long stints at a time.  The other day, Bonner was on the couch watching some very educational program on TV (yeh, right) and Ian was running around as usual.  She politely asked him, "Do you want to sit on the couch with me, Ian?"  He said, "Sure" and jumped up there ... I glanced over and noticed that she had covered him up with her "soft blanky" which is another huge deal because she doesn't let that blanket out of her sight these days, much less to let it be touched by another individual!  Such a sweet picture, though; they truly love each other so much!

Stewart has taken the children to Perry this weekend for Father's Day!  He sent me this video today of Ian jumping off the diving board.  He's been asking to do it at our neighborhood pool but has lost his desire when he starts walking towards it - not a big deal for me because I certainly can't tread water long enough to "catch him" in the deep end.  I guess those days are over, though :-)


And, of course, to get your weekend started (or your week started if you aren't reading this until Monday), here are some comments from the children!
Ian-isms
- "Bonner, I really like you.  You are kind."
- Ian insisted on getting a cup from the cabinet to drink out "like a big boy".  Well, I picked a cup we brought home from the Masters and he said, "I need that cup, mommy, because I love to play golf."

Bonner-lingo
- When we were driving over the Isle of Palms bridge on our recent trip to Wild Dunes, Bonner said, "Ian, that's the marsh and that's where the marshmallows live."  (She remembered that from our last trip in December!)
- "Mommy, I need to tell you a question!  You are a great mommy!"
- With my measuring tape in her hand, she went to next Ian and started to pull the tape out as she asked him, "Ian, are you long enough?"  She finishes "measuring" him and says, "Yeah, you are long enough!"
- When getting a cookie treat the other day at Publix, Bonner said, "I want a cookie with sprinklers on it!"
- As the children were playing one night, she looked over at me and said, "Bye, mommy, Ian is at the Costco and I am going to the Target-Costco!" (Now, that's an idea for a great store!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment